10 Fun Things to Do in Montreal
An airline credit, a friend’s expired passport, and a one-hour flight from NYC to Montreal had me looking at my 15th country – alone – and no idea what to expect. But with so many things to do in Montreal, I quickly figured it out.
And my accidental solo trip to Canada proved to be a refreshing adventure that I didn’t even know I needed. I had the chance to really explore and discover everything there is to this European-esque city to the north. I’m not sure why it took me so long to visit, but I now know this won’t be my last.
As the largest city in the province of Quebec, which is technically an island, Montreal really made me feel like I was much further away from New York City. It’s especially beautiful during the fall season, and was nowhere near as cold as I thought it would be for October.
It’s clean, it’s artsy, it’s French and it’s got that certain “je ne sais quoi” that makes you fall in love with it.
If you find yourself in Montreal, here are a few unique recommendations to exploring this Canadian French city. And if these aren’t your speed – check out Tourisme Montreal for a whole bunch more that I haven’t even touched on.
1. Zipline near the Port of Montreal.
2. Drink champagne at La Champagniere.
3. Eat your way around Old Montreal with Local Food Tours.
4. See the city from above at Au Sommet.
5. Get historical with Cite Memoire.
6. Explore Quartier Latin.
7. Visit Notre-Dame.
8. Eat bagels & hunt for murals in the Mile End neighborhood.
9. Dine at the trendy, new restaurant Hvor.
Seriously, don’t skip this!
10. Eat crepes with brie and maple syrup.
Read Next: 10 Other Things To Do in Montreal.